Monday, March 26, 2012

Allergy Season!!


Every spring, I get wonderful allergies. The past few years spring has been cool and wet, so there hasn't been an overabundance of pollen floating around to make me miserable. This spring, however, has been unseasonably warm and sunny, and EVERYTHING has burst into bloom all at once. Which means burning itchy eyes, nonstop sneezing fits, and a massive amount of head goo. I woke up the other day to a sneezing fit, and when I looked in the mirror my eyes were red. Not just bloodshot--full on RED. Fortunately it rained all day yesterday which knocked some of that stuff out of the air and made things a bit less miserable.

Apparently, around here average pollen counts for this time of year are 400-600 parts per million, with "extreme" being around 1500. There's been a "high pollen alert" the past couple days, and it turns out pollen count has been over 9000ppm.

I couldn't resist.

On an aside, has anyone ever stopped to think that all that pollen floating around and making people sneeze and sniffle is actually a massive, massive amount of plant spooge?
I don't know what a fish is doing in a field of grass and flowers though. I suppose the underwater equivalent of pollen would be coral breeding season and plankton.


No comments:

Post a Comment